Need Help Fast?
- Childline – for children and young people under 19, call 0800 1111 – the number won’t show up on your phone bill
- UK Police – 999, if you can’t talk or fear someone may hear you, call 999 – then 55 and your call will be traced.
- Samaritans – for everyone, call 116 123 – 24 hours a day, every day, email: email@example.com
- The Silver Line – for older people, call 0800 4 70 80 90 – 24 hours a day, every day
- Lighthouse Charity Line for construction workers and their families, call 0345 609 1956
- SANEline – If you have mental health problems, call 0300 304 7000 (4.30 pm–10.30 pm every day).
- Under 25: The Mix on 0808 808 4994 (Sunday-Friday 2 pm–11 pm), or email using this form on The Mix website or use their crisis text messenger service.
- Under 35 and struggling with suicidal feelings, or concerned about a young person who might be struggling, you can call Papyrus HOPELINEUK on 0800 068 4141 (weekdays 10 am-10 pm, weekends 2 pm-10 pm and bank holidays 2 pm–10 pm), email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 07786 209 697.
- Men, you can call the Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) on 0800 58 58 58 (5pm–midnight every day) or use their webchat service.
- Students, you can look on the Nightline website to see if your university or college offers a night-time listening service. Nightline phone operators are all students too.
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender, you can call Switchboard on 0300 330 0630 (10 am–10 pm every day), email email@example.com or use their webchat service. Phone operators all identify as LGBT+.
- Live in Wales, you can call the Community Advice and Listening Line (C.A.L.L). on 0800 123 737 (open 24/7) or you can text ‘help’ followed by a question to 81066.
- Anyone can also contact their GP for advice and support.
- Mind’s Infoline can also help you find services that can support you. If you’re outside the UK, befrienders.org lists emotional support helplines around the world.
More options, visit the Helplines Partnership website for a directory of UK helplines.